You&Meow cat cafe

Hello! It's been a while since I've posted anything here but with life being hectic with the virius as well as moving I've had my hands full. Last week, I went to a place that I thought would help me relax - the You&Meow cat cafe in Bristol. 

Currently the cafe is home to seven cats, all from shelters. They are all black cats because black cats have the lowest adoption rate. All the cats are named after crystals. Once a cat is happy around people they will be put up for adoption, I find this to be very nice as people who adopt the cats will have met them before. 

The cafe has a Oriental theme to it, lots of bamboo furniture for the cats as well as lower down seats for the 'zen' feeling. I wish that I had taken more photos of the environment, but I was more focused on the cats. 

When I first entered the cafe I was greeted by a large cat exercise wheel, as all the cats are indoors they need pleanty of exercise and enrichment, the wheel helps with this as they can run. There are five sets of tables in the cafe, meaning that there are never that many people in to avoid the cats from getting stressed. Once we were seated, some cat wand toys were handed out. One cat in particular, Jasper, was very enthusatic with the toy we were handed. My fiancee was very taken with this cat and really enjoyed playing with him. 

As it is a cafe, there is a range of food and drinks on offer. After getting settled with the cats and toys, the owner of the cafe comes around and asks what we want. I had a lovely brownie, it was rich and sweet. My Fiancee also had a brownie and a capawccinno. All of the coffee drinks were puns, we both found this very amusing. In the image at the top of the post you can see how the drink came, it was decorated with neat cat paws and the spoon was a cat. She really enjoyed her drink as well as the brownie. 

In a previous post I spoke about my time at a Japanese cat cafe. I would say that my time at You&Meow was better than at the one in Japan, although that might be because I had all of my creature comforts here. Food was good and not from a vending machine, and as for cat welfare there is an age limit at this cafe which prevents toddlers and young children from disturbing the cats. The cafe in Japan did not have this and I could see that one or two of the cats were not that pleased. 

Overall, I would give this animal place a very positive review! Check it out if you're ever in the area, but book ahead of time! 


 Thank you for reading the review! As I am more settled I will be aiming to write more here as well as upload more on the Youtube channel. Let me know what sort of content you would want to see in the comments.

-Dari

Comments